In collaboration with the Mexican federal Instituto Nacional Electoral (INE), PSYDEH and women partners continue progress towards 2016-2017 project goals to:
- strengthen the Women’s Regional Organization of 20 native women leaders, five from each of the four municipalities, by deepening understanding around their AGENDA with an eye to (a) network members producing their own capacity building projects and (b) informed analysis by the women leaders of four local government plans for municipal development.
- translate INE’s five module training program into the basis for 40 workshops to educate 100 women leaders from up to 16 communities on four topics:
- women autonomy and gender equity
- elections, citizen participation and democracy
- political representation and citizen agenda building
- women as citizen leaders
- scale workshop impact by organizing reflection sessions in communities during which workshop participants act as teacher of the module content to women and girls unable to participate in the workshop.
- prepare for the 3rd Public Forum on March 24 at which 175 native women from across the Region will share their novel development agenda and critiques of local development plans with new government leaders from the four municipalities.
See below a few images reflecting workshop success.