Three months have passed since we last spoke. Then, we celebrated our passing the $10,000 mark in our campaign to $15,000 while highlighting myriad big wins in 2016 and strategic planning for our 2017 work. Today is international women’s day, ideal for our sharing our second report.
Among a few creative strategies for reaching our full fundraising goal, we now link Global Giving’s forthcoming April campaign “Little by Little” to our novel partnership with high school students in Ohio, USA. They want to produce a roaming coffee shop to build bridges between Mexicans and Americans. We think this is a great idea. ¡Adelante!
YOUR DONATION & IMPACT
Since mid-December 2016, your donation has helped us to:
- FACILITATE myriad workshops for native women on why and how to increase their participation in Mexico’s democracy
- MEET women’s demands for a tool they can use to promote the benefits of collaboration with them and PSYDEH.
- FULFILL women’s demands for a tool to help them share learning in their communities.
- PLAN for the forthcoming Third Regional Forum of Native Women Leaders when women will offer their unprecedented-for-the-region constructive critiques of local government plans
- DOCUMENT fieldwork in preparation for a video and photo exhibit promoting our work
- PUBLISH the first of 3 articles planned for US and Mexican press in 2017, a new blog entry on why our work is needed, and plan for novel events in Mexico City as an extension of our national outreach strategy
Anectodally, Augustina, the regional leader pictured above, recently explained how ongoing work is challenging and rewarding. “PSYDEH invites us to make many changes and to be a part of a process bigger than ourselves. This is not normal but good. I’ve learned a lot of helpful things. For example, I had no idea that Mexican citizens have the legal right to demand to see and comment on the local government’s development plan. Now I know. This information makes me feel powerful.”
JUNTOS SOMOS MEJORES (WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER)