PSYDEH recently completed an informal exchange with bottom-up empowerment focused The Lemonaid & ChariTea Foundation based in Hamburg, Germany.
Our joint goal? Help Lemonaid to learn more about PSYDEH and the region in which we work, while we learn more about their diverse team and interests in Mexico.
Lemonaid first met PSYDEH in Mexico City in late 2017 post our participating in the German online competition #youforG20. We have since exchanged ideas on the possibility of a formal partnership in 2019 and beyond as an extension of PSYDEH’s five-year strategy to diversify income streams from one in 2014 — Mexican government grants — to six streams by 2019:
(1) Government grants (2007- present)
(2) Private citizen direct-investment of funds, services, and materials (2014- present)
(3) National fundraising-events and public-private collaborations (2016- present)
(4) Bazaars meeting demand for artisan goods and generating social capital (2016- present)
(5) Crowdfunding and social capital building from and with individual donors (2016- present)
(6) Substantial and/or multi-year collaboration with national private or global partners, affording PSYDEH the support needed to do forward planning (2019- ?)